One Word of Breastfeeding Advice

"Welcome to the Milk Mama Diaries Carnival (February). For this month, we focus on back to basics. Participants will share advices - either the best breastfeeding advice they received OR/AND the best breastfeeding advice they can give to new moms.  Please scroll down to the end of the post to see the list of carnival entries."


Every new mom is clueless about breastfeeding. I've read books on breastfeeding, attended breastfeeding classes when I was pregnant with Y, but when Y was given to me to breastfeed the very first time, even with all the information I  have, I didn't know what to do! But! I didn't give up. I sought out advices from friends and consulted Abbie Yabot.

From all of those advices, I think the best advice I can give to new breastfeeding moms would be: HAVE TRUST.

Trust your body.New moms often doubt they would have milk when and after they gave birth. Your milk may not have milk right after you give birth, trust your body!
Always remember that all moms have milk and most babies don't get hungry the first few days. Trust your body that it will produce milk for your baby!

Trust your milk.When I started breastfeeding Y, my family doubted my breast milk. My husband was my one and only supporter. But that didn't stop me from breastfeeding, I knew that my milk was the best nutrition I could give my child. No water, supplement  I never doubted my milk's capacity to nourish your child.  Don't worry about your baby's weight, breastfed and formula-fed baby's weight are different. Breast milk is the best for your baby!



Have the people around you TRUST you and your milk.
Support is important to any breastfeeding mom. Moms need all the confidence especially the first two weeks of breastfeeding from the dads, grandparents to the siblings, in-laws! Good and positive vibes only!


Breastfeeding takes a lot of work and patience. Having trust helped me a lot during breastfeeding Y. Now that I'm pregnant with my second baby, I can't wait to breastfeed again!

SoLovelyn's My Breastfeeding Blessings
The Articulate Pen's Breastfeeding needs Patience
Diapers and Stethoscope's Back to Basic
My Mommyology's What I've Learned About Breastfeeding
Ms. Masungit's From One Mom To Another
The Odyssey of Dinna's Breastfeeding Words of Wisdom
Mrs. Bry126's We're All in this Together
I Am Clarice's Paying it Forward
My Mommy Kwentos' Sharing My Favorite Breastfeeding Advice
Planet Marsy's Better Than None
Mommy {T} Coach's Saved by the Nursing Mommas
Mama Drama's Patience and Breast-friends
Adventures on Planet Mom's Stubborn Me! Sure Glad I didn't give up
Nanaystrip's Eat Malunggay, Say "I Have Milk" and Love your Baby
Starting at Twenty-Five's My Husband's Best Breastfeeding Advice
Nanay *Loves* Purple's Why Attend Breastfeeding Class/Seminars
Mec as Mom's Enough is Enough
Chronicles of a Nursing Mom's On Breastfeeding Number Two - Redux

11 comments :

  1. I think the last time we "met", you weren't pregnant yet with your 2nd, so congratulations!  When are you due?  I agree trust plays a huge part in the entire breastfeeding experience.  I wouldn't know what I'd have done without it. :) 

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm due late June :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having people support you is a sure-fire way to breastfeeding success.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tala Supangco-OcampoFebruary 13, 2012 at 9:07 PM

    Oh trust!  It's quite elusive to new moms noh?  But it is true!  There is a lot of trusting involved in motherhood and most especially breastfeeding :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it wonderful to have such supportive husbands? Thank God for these creatures. makes breastfeeding, easier.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's also one of the best breastfeeding advice given to me: trust myself that I am the best source of nutrition for my baby! Happy to be learning from your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is! There's a lot of doubt for first time moms, TRUST is all we need!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also had those doubt my breast moments. But I am grateful to my husband for trusting me and being my #1 cheerleader during those times. To all new moms, have trust that yes you can! 

    ReplyDelete
  9. I so agree! :) TRUST is really important! :) God bless always, sis!

    ReplyDelete
  10. you've gone a long way C! and am sure you are well prepared to nurse your dragon baby :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Jenny! :)

    ReplyDelete